Friday, 25 January 2013

Organic Red?

When encouraged to try different wines - I went out on a limb and tried an organic red wine. Since red wine is my favorutite- I thought it'd be interesting to taste the difference (if any) between organic and non organic. The big Kroger has a pretty extensive selection of organic wines but the one I picked up was  "Naked Earth 2009" made in the South of France.
Front Label
                        There wasn't much description of the flavor but  the bottle did note that all the grapes were organically harvested and grown.
This blended red consists of  50% Merlot,   25% Caberenet, Souviougn, 20% Grenache, and 5% Carignan. This wine appeared really dry to me with a hint of woody flavors.  I also noticed when drinking it - it didnt wiegh me down... or in other words, it wasnt heavy- rather light crisp and one can definately tell that is a less sugary product. Overall I enjoyed this wine. I would enjoy this with a light healthy entree.

No comments:

Post a Comment