 |
| Cloudy Fork& Cork |
I was really excited to experience all that is Fork & Cork. The gang and I got there around 1pm and it was PACKED. The weather wasn't that hot either- kinda windy and very cloudy. But any day is a good day to drink some wine :). We stayed until 5pm so we definitely got our moneys worth. We went to about 6 different wine booths but
my favourite of the day was Savory-Lee Winery and there SANGRIA :). It was so good I purchased a pitcher and drank it while I waited online for other wine tastings. In a close second I really enjoyed
Veritas Winery so I will describe their wines and what I liked about them:
Vertias Winery:
 |
| Maybe I had too much wine.. |
Sauvignon Blanc 2012- Enjoyed this wine the most from this winery: very lemony grapefruit flavors on the nose with similar flavors on the palette-(with the grapefruit being more prominent)
Saddleback Chardonnay 2012- Slightly oaky with big fruit flavors- On the nose very appley- upon tasting I got flavors of juicier fruits like melon and kiwi.
Viognier 2012- This smelled alot like peaches on the nose and then upon tasting tasted alot like roses peaches and apricots. Im not the biggest fan of Viognier but this one would be a decent wine for picnics.
White Star NV: This was a very sweet white blend. On the nose I got alot of peach aroma. Upon tasting alot on pineapple with peach and some mango. I could definitely taste the residual sugar. Okay but to sweet for my liking.
Rose 2012: I DONT like Rose's. This wine could be exhibit A for why I dont like roses. Not sweet very spicy and dry. But lacking the body and depth of a good red. Roses in my opinion are red wine wannabes but aren't good enough. It was floraly on the nose and had a very spicy alcholy taste. No bueno.
Claret 2012: This wine was my second favourite from Veritas. This red blend was on the dryer side which was nice. On the nose it was an oaky berry smell and then upon tasting I got alot of dark fruit with mocha at the end. I loved the mocha aspect of this wine. Overall good red table wine.
Food and Wine paring:
 |
| Loved all the Dogs there! |
I purchased some awesome kettle corn and then tried it with some of Horton's XOCO White Chocolate dessert wine and it was Phenomenal! the salty sweetness of the popcorn cut through the decadence of the chocolate! I didn't purchase a bottle because this dessert wine is EXTREMELY decadent put it made for a great temporary pairing.
Overall I wasn't extremely impressed with the wines from Virginia. They were WAY to sweet for my liking. I found myself after the event with a stomach ache and I think it was from the wines being way too sweet! But like always it was another great adventure and a great excuse to drink some vino :)
No comments:
Post a Comment