Sunday, 21 April 2013

Vintage Cellar Tasting 4-18

Name: Wilson Daniels
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc 
Region: Central Cost
Country: California
Year: 2010
Price: $7.95

Store description:Orange blossom and citrus permeate the aromas. Alluring flavors of orange and grapefruit dominate the palate. Bright acidity
balances the plush mouthfeel, resulting in a clean finish.

My description: I definitely enjoyed this wine- I think It would make a great pairing with a light salad or chicken dish. It smelled very citrusy and when I tasted it I definitely picked up on the orange and grapefruit. Got a little bit of green apple with alot of acid on the finish 



Name: Chandon Sweet Cuvee
Variety: Sparkling 
Region: NV
Country: California
Year: 2010
Price: $9.95

Store review:This wine is an innovative sparkling wine style revealing vibrant stone fruit and floral aromas with rich, luscious mouthfeel. This wine enlivens the senses and sparks spontaneous moments,
complementing your passion for a good life.

My Review:  I really enjoyed this wine I definitely picked up on the fruity flavors and the floral nose. Most of the flavors I got were pear and strawberry. Random combination!! I think this wine would go real well with chocolate or a fruit bowl after dinner!

Name: Black Ridge 
Variety: White Zinfindel 
Region: NV
Country: California
Year: 2010
Price: $3.95

Store Review:This fruit forward White Zinfandel displays fresh aromas and crisp flavors of strawberry, raspberry, and cherry. It is incredibly food friendly and will pair well with burgers, sandwiches, fruit salad, and
more.

My Review: This wine was really fruity- a little too fruity for my taste. I definitely got an explosion of strawberry and cherry when I drank this wine.  Very fruity nose- very sugary. Not my favourite.


Name: Ksana
Variety: Bonarda 
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2008
Price: $9.95

Store Review:The bouquet is floral and lightly jammy, with berry aromas and a savory note or two. To the uninitiated, this is a great introduction to Bonarda. Finishes solid. Very sweet, berry smell with some rooty undertones. Kind of dry, makes your lips pucker.

My Review: I really enjoyed this wine. Although it was really dry I thought it brought great flavors to the table.  On the nose I picked up alot of florals. Once I tasted it It was rather spicy with berry notes and I picked up on green pepper as well. A little too dry for my taste.



Name: Concannon
Variety: Shiraz 
Region: Central Coast
Country: California
Year: 2008
Price: $7.95


Store Review:This is an extremely rich, full-bodied wine with a dark fruit core. Aromas of blackberry, blueberry, cassis and dark cherry are followed by more berry fruits and chocolate and mocha on the
palate.

My Review:  On the nose I definitely picked up on blackberry and blueberry. Upon tasting the wine I definitely got black cherry blueberry and mocha. I enjoyed a linger after taste on  the cassis. In that way It kind of reminded me of France even though its from California- since France is known for its cassis.







No comments:

Post a Comment